I'M HANGING ONTO THE CLOUDS .... by my fingertips

 


 I'm hanging onto the clouds 

by my fingertips


  I curse the wind

 I curse the sea

I curse the moonlight

wishing they would stop mocking 

and just let me be


                              I'm hanging onto the clouds

by my fingertips


way beneath I could see

a sea of smiling faces

thousands of helping hands 

beckoning me

to come down


                              Still I hung onto the clouds

by the very end of my fingertips


and

When my strength grudgingly hands me over 

 to the grasping arms of gravity

and  the earth gets to lay its hands on me

dare they be my safety net


                                          or

would they

with a smile plastered on their faces

mutter...poor thing

and go on to talk about politics


so

I shall keep hanging onto the clouds 

by the strength of my fingertips....


No comments:

Post a Comment

:-)

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME ... tuberose

  Salam and good day.  It's the end of July/ early August, and my tuberose is blooming. Go figure. Despite its name, tuberose is not act...