WE ADAPT, WE COMPROMISE ... covid19, online teaching


salam and good day,

It's a beautiful day. A day for spending at the beach or a park or taking my grandchildren to the swimming pool, before covid19 that is. 

Right now, its best to follow the government's order and stay at home. To quote Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge: 'we adapt, we compromise'. Right on mr Eastwood. 

Speaking of adapting and compromising, how do you feel about online teaching?

Me? I'm so not into online teaching. Maybe it's because i was born in the 60s and grew up in the 70s and 80s, way before the age of IT, or, may be i'm just old fashion. 

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against technology or online teaching for that matter. Technology is great, just not my cup of tea. It is certainly useful, and some people might be really good at online teaching. It's a matter of personal preference, I guess. 

i remember a scene from the Bohemian Rhapsody biopic where they went to a farm to record their album 'A night at the opera'. At one point, after Brian did his solo part for BoRap, he asked what Freddie thought of it, and Freddie said, 'almost perfect'. 

Brian: Almost perfect?
Freddie: Now play it like you actually wrote it.
Brian: i did. I wrote that part.
Freddie: put your body into it. 

And he went on to say, put your heart into it. 

That is exactly how i feel about online teaching. Making a video of my lecture or lesson is not a big problem, but putting my heart into the video is not easy. Some might say, just post the video. After that, it's all up to the students. Who cares whether the understand it or not. Well, I care.

Anyway, there was a forum (online, of course) with my vice chansellor this morning,  on the new norm for us in UMP. Nèedless to say, online teaching and learning is going to become a normal thing, post MCO.

So, there is no escape for me. Heart or no heart, I'll have to get used to it. All I can do is to give it my best... find ways to put some rock n roll into my online teaching materials...LOL

Just like with the movement control order, we adapt, we compromise, the same goes for online teaching. In the meantime, i will do some gardening, helps me think.

Salam Ramadhan to all muslims. 

2 comments:

  1. SELAMAT HARI RAYA!!! bestla entry ini.. done follow u, follow me back :) http://acuyuhan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. mari gabung bersama kami di Aj0QQ*co
    BONUS CASHBACK 0.3% setiap senin
    BONUS REFERAL 20% seumur hidup.

    ReplyDelete

:-)

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME ... tuberose

  Salam and good day.  It's the end of July/ early August, and my tuberose is blooming. Go figure. Despite its name, tuberose is not act...